Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Build. Play. Challenge.

Do you remember as a kid playing all the time. Having your imagination firing 24-7. Having all the energy in the world and almost no fear. Then *smack!* It was all gone. So what happened?

The ideas that society has on us came in and our world came crashing down. So now what do we do?

Build. I remember building castles out of boxes and newspaper. Of creating a world where dragon's lived and no one ever died. So what is the difference today then when I was 7? Well first off I am an adult with college, work, bills, and a 8 month old. So why even care about make believe. Building and Creating a world to have fun is something that I've done a lot. I read books that are not real and I watch tv shows that are not "reality". I do not use my imagination to watch tv or read books. So everyday I need to have a moment to build my creativity, no matter what media it is in.

Play. Now with what I have created it's time to play with it and see what comes out of it. I personally find that playing with art is my favorite media to play with at the moment. To mix colors together to see what I can create. Currently I enjoy forming newspaper on to the pieces of canvas to create these beautiful textures. Also I am playing with ideas for stories that are floating around in my head. Who knows what they will become.

Challenge. Here comes the hardest part. To not let go on the building and playing of the creative side of me while living life and staying in recovery from my depression. Which these days seems to be the harshest. To actually spend the time with my art when all I truly want to do is sleep or not do anything. So I have been carrying around my sketchbooks and starting to create and build again. Letting go of other things and trusting that taking care of me first is the best and only policy. Cause if I am not taken care of, I can not help anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment