Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Old Friend

Here is my adventure of letting go of my last drug vice, smoking cigarettes.
What came about for this turn of events was my husband for months has told me that we should quit smoking. Now I truly feel that I am not ready to let go of this vice. I love my nicotine and the sensation every time I lite a cigarette. However the night before I quit my husband looked at me and said “Hun we need to quit smoking.” I quickly replied that I did not want to and I was not ready. Then he said the most profound thing, which he has said before but this time it stuck, “If you wait till you are ready then you will never quit.” So I looked at him and said that once I finished the pack that I had I would quit. Now as I typing this message my last cigarette was 17 hours ago. All I have done today is woke up and gone to work. Things are rattling through my head of how I could smoke just one. I want one so badly. But honestly if I have that one then I will end up buying another pack when I get paid tomorrow. I have to COMMITT to the fact that I am a non-smoker. Why would a non-smoker want to smoke a cigarette? I’ve gone almost a complete day without one, and I am wearing a patch on top of that. So no. I do not need a cigarette. I am a non-smoker who is working towards living a healthier lifestyle.

I have it planned that when I get home I’ll ask my friend for one. Instead if she is there I am going to see if she wants to go on a walk with me and leave the smokes at the house. I will walk. I am a non-smoker. I have a mental obsession to smoke. My body does not need to smoke. It is God’s temple and I am destroying God’s temple by taking in that smoke every time. So good-bye old friend. Your services are no longer needed in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment