Saturday, February 8, 2014

First Deck Ever

Hello Beautiful Essence!


I wanted to write a quick post. I've been M.I.A for the past two weeks and needed to write something. (Don't worry I have a few posts coming up that will explain some of the madness; my grandfather passed on and I have gotten the tri-fecta Mono, Flu, and Strep)

Anyways, that's besides the point of this post. Just wanted to give a quick update.... here's the main point:


Here is when I got my first deck ever!


My Punk Face Look with My New Deck in 2008


This was a day that looking back on, I can not believe that I didn't see my intuitive ways then. 


There was five of us art students who went with our art teacher to the High Museum our senior year. Our goal was to pick one artist that we enjoyed and connected with and write a paper on that artist.

Here are the five of us from that day... Courtesy of Facebook.com
While going through the Museum, I found one artist that I fell in love with. No joke, even to this day I still have an "Art Crush" on this woman. Her name is Pamela Colman Smith.

Pamela Colman Smith

Her art showed something different than everyone else that day. 

Her art pieces was a mix of the surreal and visions from spirit. Looking back I can see that Pixie (her nickname) used art as a medium of getting those visions on paper. I completely and utterly connected with what they were saying.


There was an original deck that she made on display there. 


I did not spend as much time with the deck (at the time I was a full blown Catholic and Tarot represented in my mind at the time The Devil). They were beautiful and ~*very chatty*~. I remember being creeped out being around the deck. They had been used and loved and very chatty about the world. They were beautiful and hope I get another chance to the see them in the future. 

 

So when we were leaving I was in the gift shop. I wanted something by Pixie and all I could find was the Rider-Wade Deck. 

 

I took a leap of faith and bought the deck. I still have the deck. It is a reminder that the choices we make in life, even the small ones; Make a Difference.

 

I am humbled how Spirit gives me messages that I do not notice at the moment. 
However it sets into motion how we are merely players in this game of life. The best part is I'm ok with that ;)

 

 

Here is Natasha Bedingfeild's song Touch. The Lyric of the Bridge towards the end of the song sums up perfectly how I feel looking back on this experience in my life.

Every choice we make
And every road we take
Every interaction
Starts a chain reaction
We're both affected when we least expect it
And then when we touched
Then it all connected


Namaste Beautiful Essence, Till Next Time

~Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment